Whether you consider yourself a crypto enthusiast or just want to get into the crypto industry, you might want to take your Ethereum-based decentralized applications (dApps) to the next level. Whatever the case is, learning how to add Polygon zkEVM to MetaMask is an opportunity to expand your portfolio.
The big scaling moment for the next Ethereum users has arrived, resulting in lightning-fast transactions and lower gas fees. Keep reading if the following topics interest you:
- How to Add Polygon zkEVM to MetaMask
- What is the Polygon zkEVM?
- What are the benefits of zkEVM?
How to Add Polygon zkEVM to MetaMask
The Polygon zkEVM network is currently in testnet, with the Mainnet deployment scheduled for Q1 2023. The ideal way to integrate the Polygon zkEVM with your MetaMask wallet is by directly using the public Polygon zkEVM testnet website. Users can start testing software on Polygon’s new zk-rollup by using this method to securely add the authenticated Network ID and even bridge funds to the network.
Here’s how to do it:
Step 1: Go to the Polygon zkEVM Testnet website.
Step 2: Tap the “Add to Metamask” option.
Alternative Option to add Polygon zkEVM to MetaMask
Another way to add Polygon zkEVM to MetaMask is through ChainList. Follow the guide to get started:
Step 1: Head to the ChainList website and connect your MetaMask wallet.
Step 2: Use the search bar to seek the “Polygon zkEVM” testnet and connect.
Soon after, Polygon zkEVM has just been added to your wallet.
Related Article: The Comprehensive Guide to Add Starknet to MetaMask
Polygon zkEVM Network Details
When you want to add Polygon zkEVM to the other wallets manually, here is the verified information you need to follow:
- Network Name: Polygon zkEVM Testnet
- RPC URL: https://rpc.public.zkevm-test.net
- Chain ID: 1442
- Currency Symbol: ETH
- Block Explorer URL: https://explorer.public.zkevm-test.net
What is the Polygon zkEVM?
The term “zkEVM” (zero-knowledge Ethereum Virtual Machine) refers to a virtual machine that performs smart contract transactions in a way that is compatible with existing Ethereum infrastructure and zero-knowledge-proof technology. Polygon zkEVM is recognized as a layer-two scaling solution for the Ethereum network and the first zero-knowledge scaling approach interoperable with the Ethereum Virtual Machine to incorporate developer tools and smart contracts.
What are the benefits of zkEVM?
Many aspects make zkEVM unique and advantageous. Here are some of them:
- Privacy. zkEVM has the smart contract’s underlying logic and data that can be kept secret while still enabling verification of the smart contract’s proper execution.
- Compatibility. zkEVM provides a frictionless user experience and Ethereum-level security.
- Scalability. Compared to the main Ethereum network, zkEVM can process transactions faster and cheaper.
- Security. zkEVM keeps the same level of protection due to its reliance on identical validators and consensus mechanisms as the primary Ethereum network.
- Interoperability. zkEVM was created to make it simple for developers to switch their dApps to zkEVM and benefit from it without modifying their code.
Related Post: Best zk-rollup projects to buy in 2023
Setting up Polygon zkEVM on MetaMask is a great way to add an extra layer of security for your Ethereum transactions. With this setup, you can use advanced cryptography techniques that keep your funds safe and secure while allowing you to interact with various dApps or protocols built on top of Ethereum. Now that you know how to set it up, why not try adding Polygon zkEVM today and see its benefits?