Layer 2 scaling solutions are quickly becoming the hotbed of airdrops and rewards. These projects offer the potential for big gains, as they are often looking to attract users and liquidity to their networks.
In this piece, Coinwire will provide a guide for participants to join the Mode Network testnet, a new Layer 2 project built on the OP Stack.
What is Mode Network?
Mode Network is an OP Stack Layer 2 designed for growth that incentivizes and directly rewards developers, users, and protocols to grow Mode and the Superchain ecosystem.
While many layer 2 solutions focus on solving scalability challenges at the protocol layer, Mode takes a different approach. It focuses on the application and growth layer of blockchain ecosystems, providing developers with the tools they need to build scalable and efficient applications.
The Mode mainnet will incentivize developers in the following main ways:
- Contract Secured Revenue: Smart Contract developers will share fees that run through the contracts they deploy to the network.
- Referral Revenue: Any developer, user or protocol that refers new developers, users or protocols to the network will earn a share of transaction fee revenue.
- Project growth dashboard and tooling: Developers will have access to a project dashboard with key data on their applications and integrations to leading web3 growth tools to support them in scaling their community.
How to Join the Mode Testnet for Potential Airdrop
Add The Mode Testnet to MetaMask
- Go to https://docs.mode.network/build-on-mode/network-information to get Network Information
- Add Mode Testnet manually
- Network Name: Mode Testnet
- New RPC URL: https://sepolia.mode.network/
- Chain ID: 919
- Currency symbol: ETH
- Block Explorer URL: https://sepolia.explorer.mode.network/
Bridge ETH from Sepolia to Mode Testnet
- You need to get testnet ETH, go to https://www.infura.io/faucet/sepolia or https://faucet.quicknode.com/ethereum/sepolia
- Go to the bridge website and connect your MetaMask: https://bridge.mode.network/
- Send some ETH from Sepolia to Mode Testnet, then withdraw to Sepolia from Mode Testnet
Complete Mode Quests on Galxe
- Go to https://galxe.com/mode/campaign/GCkgQUjKcZ and follow Mode
- Complete all quests to gain XP points
Join to Mode Discord
- Go to https://discord.com/invite/ModeNetwork
- Verify your account and get Roles
Deploy a Smart Contract on Thirdweb
- Go to https://thirdweb.com/dashboard/contracts
- Select Mode Testnet, then select “Ready-to-deploy”
- Select “NFT Drop” contract (you can go with any of the deployed contracts ; the instructions are almost the same)
- Select “Deploy now”
- Set Name, Symbol, and upload Image, then select “Deploy Now”