Polygon Ecosystem is moving forward daily, and we hope you guys do not miss any news in the last 7 days. Here is your Polygon Ecosystem Weekly recap.
- The Race of zkEVM: Who Will Win This Game
- Innovating the Main Chain: a Polygon PoS Study in Parallelization
- Polygon Is Coming to The Graph’s Decentralized Network
- Polygon and Flipkart Announce a Strategic Partnership
Polygon has active user growth in the metaverse and DeFi Space especially Sandbox (+ 167%) Quickswap (+46%) and Kyberswap (+53%). This week Polygon also cooperates with many big partners.
Let’s dive in
Polygon On-Chain Data Highlights
- Weekly active addresses grew by 13%, primarily due to an increase across new gaming entrants in the Top 15 protocols: The Sandbox (11.7k, +167%) and Gscdapp (10.3k, +10.5%). Apart from these, DeFi protocols continue to expand their user base: Quickswap (17.8k, +46%), Kyberswap (13.4k, +53%), and Sushiswap (10.2k, +68%).
- Weekly NFT Mints are on an upward track after dropping last week, reaching 26.8 Mn. NFT Active wallets climbed to 2.5 Mn, up 13.6% from the previous week.
- Average monthly market cap jumped to a whopping $8.3 Bn (+27.6%). On the developer front, total contract creations for November were the highest since July, reaching a solid 66k.
The Race of zkEVM: Who Will Win This Game
What is zkEVM?
A zkEVM is an EVM-compatible virtual machine that supports zero-knowledge proof computation. Can simply understand zkEVM is zk Rollups but compatible with EVM.
How does a zkEVM work?
- The zkEVM generates zero-knowledge proofs to verify various elements in each computation.
- Bytecode access: Was the appropriate program code loaded correctly, from the right address?
- Read-write operations: Did the program fetch the right values from stack/memory/storage before & after completing the computation?
- Computation: Were the opcodes executed correctly (i.e., one after the other, without skipping steps)?
More details: here
Innovating the Main Chain: a Polygon PoS Study in Parallelization
The Polygon Proof-of-Stake (Polygon PoS) chain has become a major destination for Web3 projects, users, and enterprises since it launched in 2020, thanks to the chain’s ability to deliver lower gas fees and higher transaction speeds.
Now researchers of Polygon PoS are excited to announce an innovation that will make the Polygon PoS chain up to twice as fast: the Parallel EVM upgrade.
More details: here
Polygon Is Coming to The Graph’s Decentralized Network
The Graph, a decentralized protocol used to index Web3 data, is adding support for Polygon on The Graph Network. After relying on The Graph’s hosted service for years, Polygon users will soon be able to rely on fully decentralized APIs to power their decentralized applications (dApps).
The Graph is the indexing and query layer of Web3. Developers build and publish open APIs, called subgraphs, that applications can query using GraphQL. Over 74,000 subgraphs have been deployed on the hosted service. Tens of thousands of developers use The Graph for applications such as Uniswap, Synthetix, Art Blocks, Gnosis, Balancer, ENS, Decentraland, and many others.
Polygon and Flipkart Announce a Strategic Partnership
Flipkart, one of India’s leading digital commerce entities, is cementing its commitment to blockchain technology today by announcing a strategic partnership with Polygon that will culminate in the foundation of the Blockchain-eCommerce Centre of Excellence.
The Centre will focus on research and development for e-commerce in Web3 and the metaverse, exploring the next iteration of shopping and being online. Through the partnership with Polygon and the new Blockchain-Commerce Centre, Flipkart is exploring the ways Web3 will redefine the future of commerce, consumption, and value creation, and transform the shopping experiences for millions of users.
Additional Notable Events
- A new era in the music industry
- The first ever Polygon Connect in India was our BIGGEST YET
- Africa is ready for a technological revolution
Follow us to stay updated on everything in the Polygon Ecosystem!