ETH_Daily hosts Swash: #Swash#ETHDaily #ETH
ETH_Daily Admin: Hello and welcome, how are you today?
Chloe: Very well thanks.
ETH_Daily Admin: Happy to hear! Ready to start our AMA?
Chloe: Yes, I’m ready!
Q1: Now to start the AMA, team Swash please have a quick introduction to the community. Please share with us the background of the team behind this project.
Chloe: So, to tell you a bit about Swash, it’s a movement for reimagining data ownership. Swash is an ecosystem of tools and services that enable people, businesses, and developers to unlock the latent value of data by pooling, securely sharing, and monetising its value.
I’m proud to be working with one of the most skilled and diverse teams in the blockchain space, all with strong backgrounds in software dev, cybersecurity, and blockchain. The team has been working together for over a decade across various industries including enterprise, research, application security, media & advertising, to name a few.
We’re lucky to count our advisors as part of the team too. We work closely with them and many of them are founders in the space already so they know what works. Others are coming more from data privacy and even a data buyer perspective, so we’ve got all angles covered.
Q2: As we all know, every project has a few stories behind the scenes; so what made you decide to build Swash?
Chloe: Swash has been around for 2 years already, launching in late 2019 and building in public ever since. We’ve grown to over 75K+ users who believe in the mission and now we’re evolving Swash into a universal data ecosystem.
The issue of data is something which affects all of us, whether we are interested in it or not. When we use the internet, we create data every time we click or search and that data is valuable. According to the EU Commission, it’s worth TRILLIONS.
The people who generate that value – like you and me – don’t receive anything for their efforts.
Swash’s mission is to create a fair data economy by giving profits back to people. It’s a movement for reimagining data ownership (https://medium.com/swashapp/the-dawn-of-a-new-age-of-data-eff0d8b2f0a4) by enabling all actors of the data economy to earn, access, build and collaborate in a liquid digital ecosystem for data.
Q3: What makes Swash different from other competitors? Kindly list down some key features.
Chloe: Some of Swash’s unique features are:
– Working with some of the best minds in the web 3 space including KuCoin, Chainlink, Streamr, Ocean Protocol, Outlier Ventures, Boson Protocol, Amasa, 1 World Online, Tapmydata, Crunch Digital Media, and the DPPA. Read more about our partners here (https://medium.com/swashapp/introducing-swashs-all-star-backers-eff650f5bef2).
– Operating on a ‘better-than-free’ model where users are paid for something they already do.
– A working product with over 75K users making Swash one of the biggest apps in the blockchain space, all benefiting from Swash’s data value redistribution.
– A pipeline of innovative products and services (Data Union, sIntelligence, sApps, and sCompute) – check the website for more details!
– Swash believes in people power. It’s completely community-driven.
– Swash puts people first, it has a model where people receive income for something they’re already doing (surfing the internet).
– Because it’s opt-in and rewards users for the value of their data, Swash data is high-quality and unique for data buyers (making it more valuable for users).
– Data is unique in the sense that, the more of it there is, the more valuable it becomes. The data industry is already huge and it’s only going to keep growing.
– Swash is easy to use, even for audiences who don’t know much about crypto, getting us closer to mass adoption.
Q4: How does Swash work?
Chloe: Swash captures, pools, and sells your data on your behalf. When the data is purchased, those profits are automatically redistributed back out to the people who contributed their data. Simple, right?
Here’s how it affects each ecosystem actor:
– Regain ownership and receive passive income as they surf the web
– Collectively invest value of data into social development
– Exchange data value for alternative ecosystem benefits
– Access high-quality, zero-party data at scale
– Save time and money by eliminating intermediaries and reducing ad fraud and bots
– Improve the reputation and sustainability of business practices
– Accelerate innovation due to improved access to diverse data
– Be part of a new generation of data solutions
– User acquisition through incentivisation mechanics and communication
Q5: Let’s dive into your token $SWASH. Can you share with us your tokenomics? What are the use cases? Does it get audited?
Chloe: Sure, a bit about the token uses:
– Incentivise: As an incentive system, ecosystem actors will be rewarded with Swash tokens in return for their participation.
– Transact: All data transactions across all marketplaces, platforms, and applications will be distributed in SWASH. This includes value generated within the business intelligence and analytics platform (sIntelligence), the data computation environment (sCompute), and solutions developed utilising Swash technology (sApps).
– Govern: Swash token holders can vote for projects they wish to see receive funding from the Swash DAO fund, decide on new roadmap developments or modifications, and to take part in token-related decisions.
– Multiply: People can individually and collectively contribute the value of their data to social development causes and use it for value exchange both within and outside the Swash universe, such as redeeming earnings for products or staking liquidity.
Yes, Swash has been audited by CertiK.
Public sale is on the 29th October
The public sale will make available 5% of the total supply (50M Swash tokens) at an initial price of $0.09/token. Early investors account for 22% of the token supply, while founders, team members, and advisors hold 25% of the total issuance. The Swash foundation will hold 15% of the total supply, while Swash will allocate 5% to liquidity provisions to ensure a sustainable approach to the runaway needs.
Read this blog (https://medium.com/swashapp/the-swash-token-giving-rise-to-a-new-paradigm-in-data-44fec3ed71d) for details.
The IDO will happen on the 29th October 2021. We opened the whitelist earlier this week and have been overwhelmed with applications already! There are only 20,000 places available, so we’re really excited to see that the Swash vision is resonating with so many people. You can read more about the whitelisting process here (https://medium.com/swashapp/swash-ido-whitelisting-now-open-for-the-swash-public-sale-114cffad9701) and apply to get whitelisted here (https://swashapp.io/ido-whitelist).
Q6: Let’s talk about partnerships & influencers that you are collaborating with.
Chloe: Our partnerships include KuCoin Chainlink, Streamr, Ocean Protocol, Outlier Ventures, Boson Protocol, Amasa, 1 World Online, Tapmydata, Crunch Digital Media, Fractal, and the DPPA. The world of decentralised data is an exciting, collaborative space to be! Read more about our partners here (https://medium.com/swashapp/introducing-swashs-all-star-backers-eff650f5bef2) 😊
Q7: Can you share your Roadmap in the next 6 months?
Chloe: The roadmap after the IDO is focused on building out the First Wave Solutions on Swash. You can find out the specifics of the roadmap in our whitepaper but here is a quick overview:
* Rise (Q3 2020 — Q1 2021) – Swash application growth
* Surf (Q3 2021- Q4 2021) – sIntelligence platform development
* Flow (Q4 2021 — Q3 2022) – sCompute and sChannel launch
* Surge (Q2 2022 — Q4 2022) – First sApp releases
* Onshore (Q1 2023 — Q3 2023) – sApp development and upgrades
* Swash (Q4 2023 — Q2 2024) – Swash smart contracts
Q8: Where can we find out more about Swash on social media?
Chloe: Sure, so you can follow us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/swashapp), join the conversation on Swash Telegram (https://t.me/swashapp_group), and also find us on Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/Swash_App/) and Medium (https://medium.com/swashapp) too.
There’s still time to get whitelisted (https://swashapp.io/ido-whitelist) for the public sale happening 29th October!
Some useful links:
The Dawn of a New Age of Data (blog) (https://medium.com/swashapp/the-dawn-of-a-new-age-of-data-eff0d8b2f0a4)
Welcome to Swash (video) (https://youtu.be/r9o1AUcNfoI)
ETH_Daily Admin: With this, we are now at the end of our AMA session with SWASH.
Time for wrapping up, any last words you would like to say to our community?
Chloe: Thank you! That was fun.
ETH_Daily Admin: Thank you so much for spending time with our community & all the very best for SWASH.