BSCDaily.com hosts Twin Finance: A synthetic assets platform that allows anyone to mint and trade tokens
BSCdaily – Admin: Hello and welcome to BSC Daily, @twinChef! How is your day?
twinChef: Hello Jade, I am doing great.
BSCdaily – Admin: Happy to hear! Ready to start our AMA?
twinChef: Sure, let’s go!
BSCdaily – Admin: Nice
Q1: What is Twin Finance all about? Give us a little summary
twinChef: Twin finance is a synthetic assets platform that allows anyone to mint and trade tokens like:
– tNDX that tracks the price of the Nasdaq 100 index.
– Or the tTotalCap token that tracks the global crypto market cap
Users who choose to mint tokens (called tAssets) need to lock collateral based on the price of the tokens minted and the protocol makes sure the positions are always over-collateralized.
Twin.Finance enables users to have a much wider range of assets in the blockchain, like Stocks, Indices, Funds, metals, and much more to come.
Some common use cases for twin.finance are:
– Long term investing in assets like stocks and indices
– Shorting and speculating on assets like crypto and stocks
– Leveraging your crypto holdings by minting our stablecoin with your crypto (similar to venus)
Q2: Could you tell us a little bit about yourself and your team? What are your past experiences?
twinChef: I (@twinChef) am the main developer of the platform, I have been working on blockchain for many years as a consultant and was looking forward to launching a project of my own. I also have experience working in the banking industry and collateral management in particular.
My co-founder @twinFounder is focused on marketing the platform and has been working in the industry for many years.
Q3: Why did you and your team decide to build Twin Finance?
twinChef: We decided to create Twin Finance because the alternative synthetic platforms did not provide the security or reliability we were looking for in synthetic assets. We will publish detailed posts comparing our platform to others.
In short our key differences are that:
– We have reasonable collateral requirements, like 125% over-collateralization. Compared to 750% on synthetix.
– We use safe collaterals like BUSD, USDT, DAI so that we can offer low collateral ratios compared to other platforms. We are also going to be adding interest bearing collateral tokens, so that users can earn yield while their collateral is being locked.
– One more thing that differentiates us is that we have unique synthetic assets that no other platform has, like our tTeamFund, that tracks a combination of cryptocurrencies. Or tTotalCap, that tracks the total crypto market cap.
Q4: Let’s dive into your token $TWIN. Can you share with us your tokenomics? And what are some of $TWIN use cases?
twinChef: $TWIN is our platform token, it is used to reward users who believe in the platform by sharing the fees generated by the platform with them.
TWIN tokens are also used for voting on proposals for platform changes and TWIN stakers also gets nice rewards on our farms.
Q5: Does $TWIN get audited?
twinChef: Yes, we have an audit already and we are going to have more audits in the future.
Q6: So for people who are interested in $TWIN, where can we buy it?
twinChef: You can buy Twin on Apeswap.finance, we went live on the 15th of June, just 3 days ago.
You can also buy any of our synthetic assets (tAssets) on Apeswap
Q7: What can we expect in the next 3 months and in 2021 as a whole?
twinChef: We have lots of new features coming in the next few weeks
Some of them are
– Our TWIN farm, where you can earn TWIN tokens by staking LP tokens
– Adding interest bearing collateral tokens, to earn interest while minting
– Expanding our protocol to Polygon (Matic)
– And adding many more tAssets
Q8: Where can we find out more about Twin Finance?
twinChef: You can find more information in our website: https://twin.finance
Our Telegram: https://t.me/TwinFinance
and Twitter: https://twitter.com/TwinFinance
and our blog: http://twinfinance.medium.com
BSCdaily – Admin: With this we are now at the end of our AMA session with Twin Finance
Time for wrapping up, any last words you would like to say to our community? @twinChef
twinChef: Glad to chat with your community, if your question did not get answered we are always on our telegram group to help people out: https://t.me/TwinFinance
BSCdaily – Admin: Thank you so much for spending time with our community & all the very best for Twin Finance