Many Coinbase account holders have a hard time trying to trace their transactions. However, checking our Coinbase transaction history shouldn’t be a process you struggle with. So, to make it easier for you, here’s an article on the ins and outs of how to check your Coinbase transaction history.
How to View Transaction History on Coinbase
There are three ways to view your trading history on Coinbase. You can either access it through the browser version, view it partially through the Coinbase mobile app, or download your entire transaction history. This section will show you how to achieve all three methods as simply as possible.
How to View Your Transaction History on the Coinbase Browser Version
The fastest way to see past transactions on Coinbase is to view them from the browser. Coinbase browser option hosts two versions, an ordinary Coinbase account and a Coinbase Pro account for clients who have Coinbase subscriptions.
Here are the steps you need to follow to view your Coinbase transaction history from either of these accounts on your computer.
How to Check Your Coinbase Transaction History for an Ordinary Coinbase Account
- Log in to your Coinbase account.
- Click on your profile icon and select the Accounts option from the drop-down list.
- Select the account of the specific cryptocurrency whose transaction details you want to view. This displays the coin’s transaction details on the left side of your screen.
How to Check Coinbase Transaction History for a Coinbase Pro Account
- Log in to your Coinbase account.
- On your dashboard, select the Orders option on the Navigation bar.
- On the new dashboard, select the Open option to see your open Coinbase transactions or the Filled option to view filled transactions.
On Coinbase Pro, it’s easier to monitor your Coinbase withdrawals, deposits, and balances.
- To view the transaction history of your deposits, balances, and withdrawals, click on the Portfolios option next to the Orders option on the Navigation bar.
How to Check Transaction History on Coinbase App
Coinbase has a mobile app version for Android and iOS users. The process you need to follow to get your coinbase purchase history is the same regardless of your device’s operating system. Here are step-by-step instructions on how to view your transaction history on the Coinbase mobile app.
- Download and install the Coinbase Mobile App suited for your device, and sign into your Coinbase account.
- Scroll down your dashboard to find the Watchlist section. Under this section, select the crypto whose transactions you want to view.
- Once you select a particular crypto, you’ll be redirected to a tab that shows you the price of the coin at the very top. Scroll to the bottom of this tab and click on the coin’s Wallet menu just above the Trade button.
- This leads you to a page with all your transactions for the particular coin. Click on a specific transaction to view all its details.
When viewing your transaction history using the Coinbase mobile app, you can only view one coin at a time. If you’ve sent or withdrawn multiple cryptocurrencies and want to see all transactions in one trading history session, you need to download your transaction history.
How to Download Coinbase Transaction History
Downloading the coinbase transaction history is the only way you can see past transactions on Coinbase at a go. Without a downloaded account statement, you can only view transactions for a selected coin.
Here’s a walkthrough on how to download your transaction history on Coinbase.
- Sign in to your Coinbase Account.
- Click the Profile icon at the top left of your dashboard or the Menu icon if you use the Coinbase mobile app.
- Navigate to the bottom of the drop-down list, find the Reports option, and click on it.
- On the page that opens, click the Generate Reports button
- This opens a pop-up window with the option to download your report in CVS or PDF format. Select your preferred format by clicking the Generate Reports button next to it.
- Click on the Download button that appears next to your file format to initiate the download process.
Once you do this, your device should notify you that a download is in progress. When the download is complete, you can open the file in its location to see your entire withdrawal and deposit history.
How to See Pending Transactions on Coinbase
Coinbase cites multiple reasons why your transaction might take longer than it should to be completed. If you suspect this is happening, there’s a way to confirm whether your transaction is pending, and if it is, you can opt to speed it up or cancel it. Let’s see how you can achieve this in a few easy steps.
- Click on your profile icon or menu icon on your Coinbase Account.
- Select Assets, and click on it.
- This opens a dashboard with a section labeled “Your Assets.” Under this section, check the coin whose transaction ID you want to verify and tap on it.
- Navigate the page that opens and click the Wallet option.
- You will now see a list of all the transactions you have made for that specific coin, and under the transaction name, you will see the status of your transaction.
- If the transaction status reads “Pending,” click on the transaction. On the page that opens, click on the Speed Up button to speed up your transaction or the Cancel button to terminate it.
How Do I Find a Transaction ID on Coinbase?
Transaction IDs are unique for every transaction. To find a given transaction ID, click the Portfolio option on the drop-down list under the Profile or Menu icon. This displays a list of recent transactions on the far right of your screen.
Find the transaction whose ID you want and click on it. A pop-up window will open, and you will see hyperlinked “View Transaction” text at the bottom right corner of the window. Click the text and copy the URL of the tab that opens. This is your transaction ID.
How Do I Find Transaction Details Using a Transaction ID on Coinbase?
Once you find the Transaction ID for the transaction you want to view, head to blockchain.com paste in the Transaction ID and click search. Select the result that appear and you will see all the transaction details. In the above screenshot you can view the very first bitcoin transaction by Sitoshi.
How Do I Find Transaction Details With Reference Number on Coinbase?
You can find the transaction details for your Coinbase transaction with the reference number by following these steps:
1. Log in to your Coinbase account.
2. On the dashboard, Click “Accounts” and then select the wallet you want to check.
3. In the Wallet Transactions section, click on the specific transaction for more details. The details page will show you the date, time, amount, and current status of your transaction. Beneath these categories, you’ll also see a section called “Txn Hash”. This is your transaction’s Coinbase reference number.