Robert Kiyosaki has profoundly impacted how most people think about wealth creation and financial independence. His popularity and knowledge explain why many are curious about his net worth.
This article delves into the details of Robert Kiyosaki net worth, uncovering the sources of his wealth and the lessons we can learn from his net worth. From his biography to his financial and cryptocurrency investments, here’s the fascinating financial journey of this esteemed figure.
- Kiyosaki’s net worth has soared significantly in recent years, from around $80 million in 2012 to $147 million in 2023.
- His annual earnings are estimated to be around $5.88 million.
- He has over 14.62 million social media followers, which gives him the potential to earn significant income from sponsored posts.
Robert Kiyosaki Biography: Who Is Robert Kiyosaki?
Robert Kiyosaki, born on April 8, 1947, in Hilo, Hawaii, is an American author, entrepreneur, and financial educator. He is well known for his book Rich Dad, Poor Dad, which has significantly impacted the personal finance and self-help genres.
This early life of Robert Kiyosaki was shaped by the contrasting financial perspectives of his biological father, whom he refers to in his book as “poor dad”, and his best friend’s father, “rich dad”.
|Robert Kiyosaki Net worth
|April 4, 1947
|Entrepreneur, author investor, motivational speaker, and business coach
|Source of income
|Book royalties, real estate, stocks, financial education company, and cryptocurrencies.
While his biological dad worked as an educator and struggled financially, his “rich dad” was a successful entrepreneur and investor who imparted valuable lessons about money management and wealth creation. These experiences formed the foundation for Kiyosaki’s financial philosophy and are reflected in his teachings.
Kiyosaki is known for his straightforward and sometimes controversial views on personal finance and investing.
Most recently, he has been admired and criticized for his outright support of cryptocurrencies. Specifically, this acclaimed financial advisor posted many thoughts on Twitter about the value of cryptocurrencies and Bitcoin.
Controversy aside, Kiyosaki’s financial literacy and wealth creation teachings are worth listening to. Though they may not all apply, there’s a thing or two that investors and individuals with an interest in making money can benefit from.
What is Robert Kiyosaki Net Worth?
As of July 2023, Robert Kiyosaki’s net worth is estimated to be $147 million. He is a motivational speaker, author, and investor from the United States. He is renowned for his Rich Dad, Poor Dad books, which have sold over 32 million copies worldwide.
Kiyosaki’s net worth is largely due to his success in real estate investing, book royalties, and smart business moves. He has also invested in assets like gold, silver, and cryptocurrencies.
Related Article: Andrew Tate Net Worth (2023): Biography, Earnings,Businesses
How Did Robert Kiyosaki Make His Money?
Robert Kiyosaki’s career has mostly revolved around business. After graduating from the United States Merchant Marine Academy in 1969, Kiyosaki served in the Marine Corps during the Vietnam War.
Following his military service, he started various businesses, including a surfboard company, a clothing company, and a Velcro wallet business. Despite encountering several setbacks and financial challenges, Kiyosaki persisted and eventually found success in real estate investments before coming into the spotlight as the founder of Rich Global LLC.
This is the company behind the Rich Dad Company, Kiyosaki’s most notable venture. He co-founded the Rich Dad Poor Dad brand with Sharon Lechter as an educational arm called Rich Dad Education, whose estimated net worth is $20 million.
Kiyosaki has sold at least 26 million copies of Rich Dad, Poor Dad books. However, the author has more titles, including Cashflow Quadrant, Rich Dad’s Guide to Investing, and Rich Dad’s CASHFLOW Quadrant. Besides these, he has co-authored two other titles, Why We Want You to Be Rich and Midas Touch, with former U.S. President Donald Trump.
He also has a thriving financial education company called Cashflow Technologies. This company is known for its investment teachings and various merchandise, including board games, to help people learn more about finance.
How Has Robert Kiyosaki Invested His Money?
Robert Kiyosaki’s success comes from his investing expertise. The mogul has diverse investments in financial markets and cryptocurrency that have propelled him toward financial freedom.
Robert Kiyosaki’s Financial Investments
- Real Estate: Kiyosaki emphasizes real estate as a key investment vehicle. He advocates investing in income-producing properties, such as rental properties, to generate passive income.
- Stock Market: Kiyosaki also promotes investing in stocks and other financial instruments. He encourages individuals to educate themselves about the stock market and make informed investment decisions.
- Business Ventures: Kiyosaki has been involved in various business ventures. One of his notable ventures was creating Cash Flow, Inc. Kiyosaki founded Cash Flow Technologies as a private financial education company to teach financial literacy and investing principles.
- Education and Seminars: Kiyosaki offers educational programs and seminars, including the Rich Dad, Poor Dad Education program. This business education company teaches strategies for financial success and investing. These programs often cover topics like real estate, entrepreneurship, and personal finance.
Robert Kiyosaki’s Crypto Investments
In 2013, Robert Kiyosaki became a crypto investor and has remained among the most influential crypto enthusiasts. This esteemed financial coach has invested in several leading cryptocurrency projects.
Although it is unclear how much is in his crypto wallet, he advocates for investors to put up to 10% of their total portfolio on commodities like precious metals and crypto, so one can only imagine that he has a considerable crypto investment. Here’s a list of Robert Kiyosaki’s investments in crypto.
Aside from direct crypto investments, Kiyosaki is also cashing in on other crypto-related efforts, such as crypto authorship and his role as one of the leading crypto Twitter accounts. As far as authorship is concerned, he has several titles to his name, including:
- Rich Dad’s Guide to Investing in Cryptocurrency (2018)
- The Cryptopian Way (2019)
- Bitcoin Rich Dad’s Guide to Mastering the Cryptocurrency Revolution (2022)
In these books, Kiyosaki discusses the history of cryptocurrency, the different types of cryptocurrencies, and how to invest in cryptocurrency. He also shares his thoughts on the future of cryptocurrency, how it could impact the global economy, and how investors can get financial freedom from digital assets.
How Can I Build Wealth Like Robert Kiyosaki?
Achieving financial success like Robert Kiyosaki involves adopting a combination of financial strategies and mindsets. While success will depend on individual circumstances and preferences, here are some principles that Kiyosaki promotes in his teachings:
- Financial education: Invest in your financial knowledge to understand cash flow, assets, liabilities, and taxes. Learn about personal finance, investing, and entrepreneurship through books, seminars, courses, and online resources.
- Focus on assets: Kiyosaki emphasizes the importance of acquiring income-generating assets that can appreciate over time. Real estate, stocks, bonds, and businesses are examples of assets that can generate passive income and wealth.
- Build multiple income streams: Diversify your income sources by creating multiple income streams. This can include investing in different asset classes, starting a side business, or pursuing additional active or passive income sources.
- Leverage: Understand how to leverage your resources, such as other people’s time, money, and expertise, to maximize your wealth-building potential. For example, using leverage to invest in real estate or start a business with partners.
- Mindset and risk-taking: Develop an entrepreneurial mindset and be willing to take calculated risks. Be open to learning from failures and view them as opportunities for growth and learning.
- Network and surround yourself with like-minded individuals: Build a network of supportive and knowledgeable individuals who share your goals and aspirations. Learn from their experiences and collaborate when opportunities arise.
- Continuously improve and adapt: Stay updated with market trends, economic changes, and new investment opportunities. Adapt your strategies as needed, and be open to evolving your financial approach.
Related Article: David Sacks Net Worth: How Did He Make His Fortune
Robert Kiyosaki net worth is estimated to be around $147 million. Although this self-made millionaire is known more as an author, speaker, and educator than a serial entrepreneur, Robert Kiyosaki’s career is full of entrepreneurial exploits.
In fact, his most well-known entrepreneurial venture, the Rich Dad brand under Rich Global LLC, has generated at least $20 million from selling his book, Rich Dad Poor Dad. He also has a parallel brand, Cashflow, which sells his other books and financial education materials like games.
Besides his writing business, Kiyosaki has diversified his revenue streams by investing in real estate, stocks, and cryptocurrency. His crypto portfolio is remarkably impressive, with at least nine mainstream digital tokens.
Did Robert Kiyosaki go to College?
Yes. Robert Kiyosaki went to the United States Merchant Marine Academy in 1969. He graduated from this institute with a Bachelor of Science degree. He even enrolled for, but did not complete, a Master’s degree at the University of Hawaii in his hometown of Hilo.
What business does Robert Kiyosaki own?
Officially, Robert Kiyosaki is the founder of Cashflow Technologies, Inc. This company offers services in finance and business education. It is also the underlying company that manages and operates his Rich Dad brand and Cashflow technologies.
What is the net worth of Robert Kiyosaki?
As of July 2023, Robert Kiyosaki’s net worth is estimated to be $147 million. His net worth has skyrocketed in recent years, from around $80 million in 2012, and his annual earnings are estimated to be approximately $5.88 million.