More users at Ethereum Scaling Solutions have switched from Blockchain Layer 1 to Layer-2s. Here is a recap of the Ethereum Weekly Ecosystem.
Table of Contents
- Ethereum & Layer-2s On-chain Data Highlights
- NFTs are officially live on Uniswap
- Optimism announces Retroactive Public Goods Funding Round 2
- Trader Joe is deploying to Arbitrum
Will Ethereum Scaling Solutions (Layer-2s) be the next trend in 2023?
Ethereum & Layer-2s On-chain Data Highlights
The Ethereum and Layer-2s ecosystems each showed signs of a slight expansion over the past week, as measured by data indicators such as the total value of Ethereum that was locked up in L1 and the number of active addresses. These data indicators include the number of active addresses.
Both of the ecosystems showed signs of the aforementioned improvements. In spite of the fact that it is anticipated that the market for cryptocurrencies will go through a number of ups and downs in the future, the creator of the cryptocurrency will always maintain a stable state in order to continue making contributions to society and creating new things.
Weekly Highlight News
NFTs are officially live on Uniswap
To celebrate NFTs on Uniswap, the decentralized smart-contract-based exchange running on the Ethereum network is sending about 5 million USDC to some long-standing Genie users. It is also offering gas discounts to the first 22,000 NFT users.
Issuing USDC to Genie users
The exchange platform created two recipient tiers from an April snapshot. The $300 level is for wallets with multiple transactions before the snapshot.
Genie-Genesis NFT wallets can access the $1,000 level. Genie-Genesis NFTs in the same wallet are eligible only once due to unique addresses.
Users can apply for their USDC airdrop at app.uniswap.org for 12 months for both levels.
Optimism announces Retroactive Public Goods Funding Round 2
Optimism will also introduce the first iteration of the Citizens’ House to govern how this funding is allocated.
Categories of public goods that can be nominated in RetroPGF 2 include infrastructure, tooling, education, etc. The process is as follows:
• The Optimism Governance Forum accepts funding nominations from Jan 3-17.
• To receive funding, nominations must complete a Gitcoin Grants Hub project profile between Jan 3 and 24.
• RetroPGF 2 badgeholders decide project funding. Voting runs Jan 31–Feb 10.
• Results will be announced in late February.
Trader Joe is deploying to Arbitrum
Arbitrum One is the next step in this global expansion, and we look forward to introducing the innovative AMM built on Avalanche and working with new partners to benefit the collective DeFi ecosystems of Arbitrum and Avalanche.
The key features of Liquidity Book AMM:
• Novel Volatility Accumulator that controls a volatility adjusted dynamic fee
• Discretised bin architecture enabling the concentration of liquidity
• Composable architecture with fungible token receipts
• Minimal trading fees, thanks to zero slippage swaps
Additional Notable Events
Notable Threads of the week
- WMP ⌐◨-◨ releases A Beginner’s Guide to StarkNet
- Aylo releases How’s Arbitrum doing thread
- Rated 🍬 releases A better way to classify Ethereum’s staking layer
Additional Ethereum News
- StarkNet Mainnet alpha is upgraded to v0.10.2
- Aave tokens are live on StarkNet
- Chainlink Staking goes live on Ethereum mainnet
- Knights Of The Ether coming on Arbitrum
- Fuel Labs introduces the Fuel Ambassador Program
- Pendle V2 goes live on Ethereum